Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Art + Soul

Two of my pieces were selected for the Art + Soul exhibit to benefit the ECHO Center this year. The show opening unfortunately lands on the date of one of my art classes at CCV and I'm already missing one on this coming Thursday. Maybe I could propose a field trip to the opening for just an hour or two. My "Chandelier" was chosen, along with a mixed-media piece called "Yellow Bellied Sapsucker with Birch" which is a photo in a shadow box with birch bark framing it. It's hard to determine the scale of "Chandelier" in this photo, but it measures around three feet tall and is made of driftwood gathered from the lake.






I was honestly pretty surprised that my photo "Lake Champlain in Winter" wasn't chosen since I feel that it is so strong. Perhaps it's too literal an interpretation since it is a photo of the lake, for a lake-related benefit. I'm sure that there were a hundred photos of the lake submitted.


Open Studio in Vermont is this weekend and I plan to check out a number of locations around the county on Saturday. Perhaps I will find a few new opportunities for myself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment