Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Assemblage

Assemblage is an artistic process. In the visual arts, it consists of making three-dimensional or two-dimensional artistic compositions by putting together found objects.

Exhibit A:
Let's go one step further and add some text. Two Hearts is the combination of a wood block printed heart from the Cheap Art Bus at Bread and Puppet in Glover, Vermont, and a three-dimensional heart made of expandable foam and covered in paint, by an unknown maker. It had a bite chewed out of it, a chunk spit at the audience, and then the remaining heart thrown out into the crowd at last year's STRUT fashion show at the Art Hop. Lastly, is a passage that I came across recently by Aimee Bender from On a Saturday Afternoon.
..."even though I am making steady proclamations about who I will go for next, and why, and how it will all be different, it is brutal to imagine the idea of meeting a new person. Going through the same routine. Saying the same phrases I have now said many times: the big statements, the grand revelations about my childhood and character. The cautious revealing of insecurities. I have said them already, and they sit now in the minds of those people who are out living lives I have no access to anymore. A while ago, this sharing was tremendous; now, the idea of facing a new person and speaking the same core sentences seems like a mistake, an error of integrity."

Exhibit B:
If I had stylists, hair and makeup people from Vogue, a professional photographer to snap photos of me, a gorgeous Valentino dress that probably has chicken poop on it now, and oh by the way Katie Perry's rockin body, you'd get this. Photoshopped not very professionally by me.



No comments:

Post a Comment