Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Still Life with Pears

I always said that I was not a painter, and couldn't really draw all that well either. My drawing is still just passable after a 12-week course at CVU, but apparently my painting is not so bad. I've been taking an Intro to Studio Art course at CCV with Stephanie Bush whose natural material nests I am in love with, and she makes these terrifically enormous paintings as well. Her husband has a shared studio space and has really dark and creepy paintings. Creepy in a way that I love, that make you feel just a little uncomfortable while looking at them. It's right up my alley... my creepy, creepy alley.

Here's the still life I did in class the other day:
And my homework assignment:
As you may have noticed, all still life paintings MUST involve pears. It's not an option, but a requirement. I'm not sure if you were already aware of this, but now you know.

I've also been working on some jewelry. License plate bracelets which have obviously been done before, but a friend wanted one. And I've also been making sterling silver hammered earrings. I don't have photos of these yet, but will soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment