Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Paper Chair

I've been working diligently since this past Thursday to construct a paper maché chair that will have flowers and grass growing out of it. The idea is based on one that I tore out of a magazine years ago of a yarn bombed chair. What's yarn bombing, you ask? Covering things in knitted and crocheted yarn, usually things in public spaces, sort of like tagging with spray paint only with yarn. Stuff like this:


Cool huh? I decided that since I have to make a paper maché sculpture for my art class, and I really wanted to work with yarn that I'd do two chairs: one paper and one yarn bombed chair. Both will be sprouting flowers, grass and vines in paper and yarn respectively. The paper one stood on its own four feet this afternoon, although it required a little assistance from some wire around the supporting joints. More photos to follow as work proceeds on the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment