Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Make Sure Your Choir is Securely Fastened

The Choir sculpture took an unfortunate fall from my wall this afternoon when its hanger disengaged from the dry wall. I guess I'll be redoing this piece. :(

Before:

After:
That's very unfortunate. Perhaps plaster of Paris wasn't the best choice due to the weight. I may redo it with paper mache or something. But hey, I have a studio now! I can do things like this without taking up my entire kitchen.

In my art class we worked last week on linotype printing. This involves drawing a design onto linoleum and then cutting a relief into it, rolling ink on the linoleum and printing from it. I started with this great tree from Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC.
 
Turned it into a black and white, and then drew the structure from there. For a first attempt at printing, it's not too terrible. I have to create an 8x10 print for next Thursday, so that's on the agenda.

I'm also prepping for Antiques and Uniques in Craftsbury on the 13th, so I want to produce some jewelry to sell there and maybe get on spinning some yarn. The same yarn has been occupying the bobbin on my Louet wheel since January, and that is just sad. I must get to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment