Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

My Artist's Block

Since being at the studio center, I've created almost nothing. Well, I'm taking a class at CCV so I've had to do some drawing and painting, but besides that and one crafty project with a five-year-old that involved stringing some photographic light gels together with ribbon to make a bunting sort of thing, I've created nearly nothing. I'm taking a look at a studio on Thursday. It's only $100 a month, so that's not bad at all, but considering that I have no clue about the course of my life, I'm not sure that I can commit to even a one month lease. Today I've been severely in the dumps and I'm having beer and self-pity for dinner between my bouts of crying. I just don't know what I'm doing. I'm 37, almost 38, and looking at all of these other people who have good careers and families and seem so happy and successful, and here I am doing the same thing I was doing at 21. Apparently I'll "never be a good mother" to said five-year-old, and so that is over. I've got no job, although an interview tomorrow, fingers crossed that I don't eff it up. I've got some depression issues and no path or plan or much hope for either. I have "an artist's temperament" as I like to call it, meaning that I'm emotional. Probably shouldn't go into a whole lot more of that detail, since who knows who is reading. Sigh. Probably no one.

Here's some art or something:

Both of these will be at the SPACE Gallery from June through September. I've also lined up a home for Forbidden Planets at the Warren Library starting in September when they have a Vermont fiber show.




No comments:

Post a Comment