Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Splattered with Bee Guts

I had an interview in Woodstock this morning for a position at an art school/gallery/music and yoga space. It seems like it would be a good fit, so fingers crossed that I am called back for a second interview. At any rate, I was driving back and going down I-89 when I was suddenly splattered across the face with the guts of a bee who had just bounced off my side view mirror, through the partially open window, off my face, and then landed on my passenger seat. Besides being a bit horrified, is it weird that my next thought was that I should keep the bee to use in a project? It was natural causes after all, I'm not out murdering bees.

I also stopped by the little bookstore in town this afternoon, which is conveniently located next to the scarily radical church in the shopping plaza. I picked up some terrific little pamphlets explaining that people who drink, are Muslim or Catholic, who are bisexual or homosexual, or who are just a wee bit too sinful in one way or another definitely need to accept jeesus as their savior or they'll be off to burn in hell for eternity. Some of them have wonderful illustrations, and even dialogue in Spanish. Some of the best panels may be combined with a deceased bee into some sort of project soon.

That's just as soon as I finish my color wheel project for school. I really want to stick a googly eye in the center of my color wheel, just because. But then, I see a bee related project coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment